Friday, October 1, 2010

Peanut Pie Update

WOW! 

What a day!! 

My mom stayed with Peanut Pie last night, so Daddy B and I could go home and get some rest.  Just before 6am the phone rings.  Unbeknown to me why I didn't have my phone beside the bed (?)  I run through the house in the dark to answer it.  She tells me we need to get to the hospital because MB's sats were dropping and they had nurses, respiratory, and doctors in working on her.  I moved as fast as I could getting JD up and dressed, myself dressed, and grabbing what we needed. 

I called the nurse on the way and she said they had her up to 100% oxygen and they thought that the tube had moved in her chest.  X-ray confirmed that and they had to reintibate.  She did okay after they got it fixed, only to have another episode while Mommy Me stepped down to the cafeteria to get some coffee.  Daddy B was here and his nerves were on end.  She had to be suctioned because some secretions were blocking her airways.

So....

Even after all that, this afternoon she was able to COME OFF THE VENT!!! YAY!!!  She is doing well.  She is on 2 liters of oxygen and her sats are 98-100%  She has gained 1 lb 10 oz since Sunday.  She is definitely on the road to recovery!  Thank you to everyone who have been praying for her!  I may know you, but God does and I pray blessings upon blessings for everyone of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment