Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Last 3 Days

Wow!  I am so overwhelmed I don't even know where to begin.  Sunday morning I took Peanut Pie to the ER with low blood sugar.  It was registering at 68.  After some fluids we were able to get it up to 128.  Everything was looking good so we were discharged.  She seemed fine that evening.  She ate, drank, and played some.  I thought a major crisis had be averted.  

Until the next morning......

She seemed to have slept well that night. I woke up as usual and was getting Daddy B and JD ready for work and school.  Since Peanut Pie didn't have school Monday she normally sleeps until right before we leave.  I walked in to wake her up.  She had gotten sick all over her bed.  She looked bad.  I called Daddy B, and plugged her up to the pulse ox meter.  Her oxygen was at 92%, which is still good for her.  I grabbed some things, and out the door we went.  I thought she just had a stomach bug and would need more fluids, so I took JD to school first.  On the 25 minute car ride to the children's hospital she was a little lethargic.  But she always came back to reality when I called out her name.  Once we got to the ER she cried a little because she didn't even want me to pick her up.  Again, I just thought she was feeling bad.  

They immediately took us back to a room....

They told me to lay her on the bed...

When I went to pick her up she went limp and unresponsive...

They rushed her into another room and immediately went to work on her.  They got her on oxygen, IV, etc.  I called Daddy B very frantic for him to get to the hospital!  Once he got here MB seemed somewhat stable.  The doctors, nurses, and respiratory had all left the room.  I was sitting beside her bed when Daddy B asked, "Is that her heart rate?"  

I looked up and it was very low.  

I looked down at her chest and it wasn't moving...

I screamed, "SHE'S NOT BREATHING!!!"

Round 2 Began....

They intibated.  The first tube was too small.  It was taking so long.  Her heart rate was dropping again.  Her oxygen saturation had went from 92% at home to a low 33% with an oxygen mask on her face.  It happened so fast.  She was put on a ventilator Monday morning.


Fast forward to Wednesday...

She has 2 viruses.  Rhino-virus and Para influenza.  Her blood sugar had spiked to nearly 400 during her traumatic episode.  Her body just couldn't handle the stress.  It has leveled back out.  She went for an MRI earlier to determine if she had a seizure in the ER.  We are awaiting the results and trusting in Him.  She has been placed on anti-seizure meds "just in case."  They hope to be able to ween her off the vent after the results are back.  Her blood culture started growing a bacteria, but we are hopeful that it is just a skin contaminate from having to put a line in so fast in the ER.  

My mom stayed with Peanut Pie last night while Daddy B and I went home to try and get some rest.  I had a good nights sleep, but have found I would rather have the broken sleep at the hospital then the dreams.  

I don't like the dreams=(

But He has everything under control!

So now, we still wait....



While I'm Waiting By John Waller
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment