Sunday, January 30, 2011

January 3 in 30 (Big Massive FAIL!!!) & other news

Yes that is right folks, I did not accomplish all my goals for January=(  I did pay off a debt (woot! woot!).  The closets have come along, but are not completely in order. (Do I get brownie points for progress made?)  And as for the 10 lbs in the month of January??  I haven't weighed myself in 2 weeks, but the weight is slow to come off=(  I've had some blood work done to determine why I'm so tired and slow to loose weight.  So far everything seems okay, but my Vit. D is low so the doctor put me on 5000 IU a day.  Hopefully that helps give me some energy, which in turn will help me loose weight *fingers crossed.*


On to other news...


Makayla took a trip to the endocrinologist for the first time this past week.  We now have a plan to keep her blood sugar stable, and hopefully all these sick episodes will subside.  That also reminds me, she was hospitalized a little over a week ago.  It appears as if she had pneumonia, but the next day she woke up, took off her oxygen, and just seemed perfectly happy!  We only had to stay one night (thank God).  This was our first overnight stay since "the incident" back in September...


One more thing that I wanted to touch on....we've had some scary episodes with Makayla.  I also read Choosing to See by Mary Beth Chapman (Fabulous book!  Highly Recommend!).  Plus I watched an episode of Oprah where these parents lost all three of their children in a car accident.  With all this, on top of the doctor this week asking the life expectancy of Makayla with her Chromosome condition, it got me thinking...thoughts that...I don't...want...to...think...but...they're there=( 


So I read in a magazine a suggestion to keep a one sentence journal.  Everyday just write a sentence about something from that day.  It is "time manageable" with my busy life.  So I purchased a very pretty journal yesterday at TJ Maxx and began.  But I am writing one sentence for each of my kids.  Some days they may be combined depending on what happened that day.  I don't want to miss a thing, and I don't ever want to get to the place where I forget "the little things."  As time allows me, I think I will also write a sentence for myself as encouragement on days in which I need it. 


So, now that February is about to begin, what are my goals for this month?  I will be thinking about those tonight and hopefully get my post up tomorrow, if not then by Friday.  Everyone have a fabulous week!  Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment